My name is Zé Vinícius, I'm a first year PhD student in Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE) at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) with the Convex Group. My advisor is Professor Daniel Palomar. My broad research interests include financial engineering and machine learning.
I have spent a summer at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as an undergraduate guest researcher and a full year at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as a scientific software engineering intern.
I'm one of the organization administrators for OpenAstronomy as part of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program and a deputy AstroPy GSoC coordinator. In past years, I also took part on GSoC both as a mentor and student.
I spend most of my time doing research and writing code.
- October 2019 - spectralGraphTopology 0.2.0 has been released on CRAN!
- October 2019 - riskParityPortfolio 0.2.1 has been released on CRAN!
- September 2019 - Our paper on "Structured Graph Learning via Spectral Constraints" has been accepted to NeurIPS 2019!
- August 2019 - riskParityPortfolio 0.2.0 has been released on CRAN!
- August 2019 - riskparity.py 0.1.0 has been released on PYPI!
- May 2019 - spectralGraphTopology 0.1.x has been released on CRAN!
- March 2019 - I've accepted the role of Project Mentor for the Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree at Udacity!
- February 2019 - I'm volunteering as an Organization Administrator for OpenAstronomy as part of the Google Summer of Code 2019!
- December 2018 - riskParityPortfolio 0.1.x has been released on CRAN!
- October 2018 - I'm featured on NASA Kepler mission website :)